Thursday, July 3, 2008

ok, I still can't make my little computer work with the firefox over here, even though I am using it here at the B&B in Edinburgh. Go figure! It will sign on the wireless router here but then there;s an error when signing in with Firefox! Ok, I am really not having a fun time with Linux! Where's my Microsoft? We had a great day yesterday. Even after only sleeping maybe an hour or two on the plane, I was fine with the whole jetlag thing. I slept very well last night. We went to the Royal Mile after going to the American Express offfice on George Street to exchange the travelers checks. We went into St. Giles Cathedral and found out that the Queen had just knighted 2 men there that morning. I was talking to the guy in the gift shop and he let me take a picture of the program for the occasion. Yes, the queen is here in residence at Holyrood Palace. Darn! I had wanted to go through it! Oh well. We did some shopping and sight seeing on the Royal Mile, had dinner at a Subway restaurant there and had a good time. We ran into the Money's and saw many of the BYU students there also. The Moneys had walked all the way there from their B&B. We took the local buses. All in all a good day. We might leave a little sooner to York since I can't think of anyting more to see here. I'll write when I can!!

2 comments:

LaurieSue said...

Sounds like you're having a great time so far! I'm bummed that you won't be in California when I come to visit, but glad you're enjoying your vacation. (We had to change our plans and won't be in Long Beach till July 9-15).
:)Wishing you safe and wonderful travels!
Laurie Dukes

nic said...

Laney! How was your birthday? I thought about you all day and was looking forward to a post. (Shame on you.)

Hope you are well and having a great time! It sounds like you are.

love you!